Date:      Tue, 10 Dec 2002 18:53:46 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Gavin Atkinson <gavin@ury.york.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-sparc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Hangs under load

Hi,

I am running a kernel from Nov 11th on my Ultra 5. I can't compile a new
kernel because my system hangs during the compile. How can I begin to
debug this? Or should I just try my hardest to get to the top of the tree
before investigating?

I don't think it's hardware issues. The box still responds to pings and
arp who-has requests. But I get nothing on the serial port, and sending a
break does nothing either.

If anyone has any suggeestions, i'd be happy to try them.

Gavin