Date:      Thu, 17 Apr 2014 12:28:14 -0700
From:      Joshua Lokken <jrlokken@gmail.com>
To:        Dave B <g8kbvdave@googlemail.com>
Subject:   Re: USB keyboard in FreeBSD 10 amd64 installer

Thanks for all the suggestions, guys!

I ended up getting it to boot from USB, wireless keyboard worked great,
install
went off without a hitch, and I'm [very] happily rid of my last Winbox :)

I have a feeling that the combination of:

1) a very old, power hungry nVidia GPU
2) a very inexpensive PSU
3) my consistent bad luck with optical drives

were causing my issues with this machine.  GoldMem found no issues with the
8GB
of Corsair after a couple of hundred passes.  Thanks again.

Joshua