Date:      Wed, 12 May 1999 17:20:41 -0600
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Pre-announce: JDK1.1.8 for a.out available for testing

Grab it at:
	http://www.freebsd.org/java/new/

The release is not fully comlete.  In particular, there is still work to
be done (in progress).

Notably:

1) The ELF port patches aren't finished, so we don't have an ELF build.

2) LOCALE support isn't done.  The code was committed after I built
   this, but it will be in the 'official' release.

3) The WWW page will not be updated.

This is an 'unofficial' release, but should work fine on all machines.
If you have problems, send email to 'java-port@FreeBSD.org'.

I haven't run this one through *any* of my tests, so I wouldn't be
suprised if someone I screwed up, but that's why you should test it. :)

- The JDK porting team