Date:      Mon, 18 May 1998 12:34:31 +0900
From:      Hideki Yamamoto <hyama@kansai.oki.co.jp>
To:        paterno@dsi.unifi.it
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mount_msdos and msdosfs for VFAT/FAT32 access

Hi,

> As you are going to do that, please consider including the attached patch: this
> one will merge all -current (17th May, 00:30 UTC) changes in, plus it fixes a
> warning about a missing */ at line 252 of vfsops and (TADAAAAA ;-) it fixes
> mount -p problem and my export problems. Please check it against your (u)mount
> problem.

Thank you for your patches, again!

Before reading your mail, I myself resolved "mount -p problem" and
others, and uploaded them to my web page last night
(http://members.aol.com/hyama99/).

Some part of your patches to -current(17th May) is different from mine.
I ignored the -current changes of msdosfs_vnops.c between 1.67 and 1.68,
because my test of 1.68 patched for -stable reboot my system when
writing DOS file.  I will test your patch to msdosfs_vnops.c tonight.

I will merge the other your patches into mine, test them, and
upload them as a new version soon.

> And no more "bad export line for blah blah" when I mount something else. I found
> we were missing a "sbp->f_type = MOUNT_MSDOS;" that is present in -stable
> sources at the beginning of msdosfs_statfs. Somehow -current go there with that
> field initialized to the right value. Someone with some knowledge of msdosfs
> should explain why.

I cannot answer your quetion. :-<

Regards.