Date:      Tue, 9 Jun 2015 11:10:13 -0300
From:      Christopher Forgeron <csforgeron@gmail.com>
To:        Rick Macklem <rmacklem@uoguelph.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-net <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: setting if_hw_tsomax{segcount, segsize} in net drivers

Thanks for keeping up on this Rick. TSO needs to be fixed on FreeBSD, but
it does not seem to be a hot-button topic.

 I still suffer from TSO issues, and thus turn it off in a standard build -
but I noticed that machines that were VMWare 5.1-6.0, running the vmx
driver, they did not have problems if TSO was on.

 I dug into the source far enough to see that vmx doesn't look to allocate
more than a 4k mbuf unlike ixgeb/others, but I didn't test/dig further.