Date:      Sat, 18 May 2002 21:40:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: docs/38275: If hostnames get a different tag & font style, domain names probably should too.

The following reply was made to PR docs/38275; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@FreeBSD.ORG>
To: Chris Pepper <pepper@rockefeller.edu>
Cc: bug-followup@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 07:36:57 +0300

 On 2002-05-18 21:16, Chris Pepper wrote:
 > On > <http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/sendmail.html>,
 > example.com is plaintext, but mail.example.com uses the <hostid>
 > tag. It seems to me that domain names should get the same treatment
 > whether they're partial domain names or full hostnames -- I
 > initially thought someone had just forgotten the tages around
 > example.com

 The <hostid> element can be used like this too:

 	<hostid role="domainname">example.net</hostid>

 Patches for the entirety or parts of the www/, doc/ and
 src/release/doc/ trees are welcome as usual :)

 --
 Giorgos Keramidas    - http://www.FreeBSD.org
 keramida@FreeBSD.org - The Power to Serve