Date:      Mon, 4 Oct 1999 18:38:47 -0300
From:      "Julian Diego Herrera Braga" <julianherrera@uol.com.br>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   What about port redirection with ip aliasing ?

Hello...

One day my computer was without available ISA slots. I installed FreeBSD but
the damned Winmodem doesn't work, so I had a idea to resurrect the other
pentium 100 computer to use its free slots to install an old 14kbps modem.
FreeBSD was also loaded in this computer as a gateway to the other computer
without modem and the internet by ip aliasing (ppp -alias). Since the
gateway computer doesn't have better space (170mb) and power to install some
other programs, I would like to use it only for a gateway. My problems
appeared when I tried to connect to the client computer from internet. Such
connection always finished on the gateway computer. Finally, what I want to
know is how can I get the gateway ports from telnetd, ftpd, httpd etc.
redirected to the respective client ports. Basically, is something like to
make the gateway computer invisible to the outside computers, so any
connection addressed to its IP will finish into the client computer. Is this
possible ? How ? Thank you for the attention.

Regards,
Julian Herrera mailto:julianherrera@uol.com.br