Date:      Sun, 1 Aug 1999 23:23:12 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Kevin Day <toasty@dragondata.com>
To:        dillon@apollo.backplane.com (Matthew Dillon)
Cc:        toasty@dragondata.com (Kevin Day), blapp@attic.ch (Martin Blapp), freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mountpoint locking with fbsd-nfs

> :Yeah, I know about -alldirs... The problem was that we had customers who
> :wanted us to export their home directories, and unless I gave them their own
> :filesystem, I couldn't restrict it in the manner i wanted. :)
> :
> :Just checking to see that I wasn't missing a way to do this. :)
> :
> :Kevin
>
>     I've never in my life tried this - it probably won't work, but ...
>     use the null device maybe to create a mount point for each home
>     dir and then export that?

I think it sees through this.

su-2.03# cat /etc/exports
/var                            home
/mnt                            home
su-2.03# mount
/dev/wd0s1a on / (NFS exported, local, noatime, soft-updates, writes: sync
3970 async 1321097)
procfs on /proc (local)
nfs:/home on /usr/home (noatime)
nfs:/var/mail on /var/mail (noatime)
/var/tmp on /mnt (local)
su-2.03# mountd
Aug  1 23:17:48 celery mountd[89177]: can't change attributes for /mnt

That was a very good idea though, i'd never have thought of it. :)

I'll have to play with this more. :)

Kevin