Date:      Sat, 7 Feb 2004 10:02:25 +0000
From:      Edd Barrett <edd@arameus.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   SMB share unmount : was cdrom unmount (oops)

It appears that the mount that I cant unmount was not actually the cdrom, but
my remote home dir which is a samba share on another freebsd box.

bash-2.05b$ mount /home/edd/cdrom
bash-2.05b$ umount /home/edd/cdrom
bash-2.05b$ mount /home/edd/rhome
bash-2.05b$ umount /home/edd/rhome
umount: unmount of /home/edd/rhome failed: Operation not permitted

I am in wheel. my fstab is as follows:

# Device                Mountpoint      FStype  Options         Dump    Pass#
/dev/ad0s1b             none            swap    sw              0       0
/dev/ad0s1a             /               ufs     rw              1       1
/dev/ad0s1d             /home           ufs     rw              2       2
/dev/acd0               /cdrom          cd9660  ro,noauto       0       0
/dev/acd1               /cdrom1         cd9660  ro,noauto       0       0
#192.168.0.1:/mnt/media /mnt/media      nfs     ro              0       0
//edd@nova/media        /mnt/media      smbfs   ro,noauto       0       0
/dev/acd0               /home/edd/cdrom cd9660  ro,noauto       0       0
/dev/acd1               /home/edd/cdrom1        cd9660  ro,noauto       0
0
//edd@nova/media        /home/edd/media smbfs   noauto,rw       0       0
//edd@nova/edd          /home/edd/rhome smbfs   noauto,rw       0       0

any ideas??