Date:      Mon, 16 Aug 2004 09:56:27 -0400
From:      Tyler Parrott <tparrott@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   4.10 Install failure.

Hey All,

I am havign some trouble installing FreeBSD 4.10 on my PC.  I
downloaded an ISO image (and verified the checksum) from the Canadian
FreeBSD FTP site.  After burning the image to CD, I checked the
checksums, which were the same.

When I put the CD in the drive and attempt to boot from it, I just get
a register dump and the computer halts.

I have made another CD from the same image and the same thing happens.
 I have a Compaq Eco PC, with a 2.0 GHz PIV processor, 256MB Ram,
40gig HDD, etc...

Any suggestions on what I could try to remedy this?

Thanks
Tyler