Date:      Mon, 29 Dec 2003 15:22:48 -0600
From:      Troy <troy@twisted.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Fuzzy out of focus console w/new flatscreen monitor on bootup

I am using GRUB to boot into Freebsd 4.9 Stable.

I recently purchased a new flatscreen monitor and when I boot up the
console appears to be very fuzzy.

I installed the NVIDIA driver and put the proper settings into the
XF86Config and it's clear and in 1600x1200 for X windows.

While researching, I found that in Linux, folks have used a switch in
grub vga=795 when booting their kernel that gets the console to be much
clearer.

It doesn't appear that Freebsd supports that switch in grub.  Any way to
get the equiv switch so the console is clean?

Thanks,
-Troy