Date:      Wed, 26 May 1999 12:57:36 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Todd Backman <tbackman@c523578-a.sttls1.wa.home.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Upgrade from 3.1r to 3.2r

I have attempted to upgrade to 3.2r from 3.1r via /stand/sysinstall. After
the upgrade process has completed and /stand/sysinstall has been closed,
what procedure is then needed? I can not seem to locate the proper docs on
the remaining steps (if there are any). At this time I am forced to boot
from kernel.prev as the boot loader fails to find the new kernel.

I am sure that I am missing a step here. Could someone please hit me with
the clue stick? ;^)

BTW...I am attempting this remotely and will not have access to the
console until this evening...

Thanks.

Todd Backman                               "there are two major products
<tbackman@c523578-a.sttls1.wa.home.com>     that came out of berkley:
Geek and FreeBSD user                       lsd and unix.
Seattle, WA                                 we don't believe this to be
"Chaos is a good teacher..."                a coincidence." j.s.anderson