Date:      Wed, 21 Jul 1999 14:34:39 -0600 (MDT)
From:      ML Duke <mlduke@concentric.net>
To:        Paul Anderson <paul@geeky1.ebtech.net>
Cc:        David Wolfskill <dhw@whistle.com>, freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: First time for my own PC hardware

Bit of case talk on this thread, thought I'd add my 2 cents.

Currently in the process of acquiring a custom configured system,
it arrived and I went to pick it up only to discover they had
slipped a Seagate SCSI HD in instead of the agreed upon IBM, but
got to see that case close up in the process of checking out
components.

As recommended by my AIX SE in Texas, it's an Enlight.
Very, very slick. Components go into "boxes" which attach via
quick release mechanisms. To work on the motherboard, one simply
unplugs the attached devices, pulls down on a spring release handle
and viola! The mother tips out for easy accessability.
It's a Minitower because it's going in our motor coach, but
things are _much_ easier to get to as compared to the full
tower in my office.
$30 bucks more than a "standard" box that this particular shop
sells to keep prices down.

ML Duke