Date:      Thu, 21 Nov 1996 14:34:26 -0500
From:      Mike Way <mikeway@gte.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        support@cdrom.com
Subject:   Netwwwork Cards

Help

I am trying to bring up a FreeBSD 2.1.5 system.  I can't get it to
recognize the network card.  Unfortunately, it is not on the list I did
not have when the machines were ordered.

The probe finds the card a 3COM797(PCI-FDDI) as a
	DEC(fddi) in slot 15 int a irq 11

	(psuedo-device fddi is in the kernel)
but the card shows as not configured and is not usable.  Is there some
backward compatibilty with older 3COM's or DEC cards that some one
might  be aware of that would aid in getting this interface up.

Thanks for any help
Mike Way
St. Petersburg, FL

mikeway@gte.net