Date:      31 Jan 2001 21:14:12 +0100
From:      Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
To:        Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@skynet.be>
Subject:   Re: Embedded servers + PicoBSD?

Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@skynet.be> writes:
> 	Does anyone know of any good embedded hardware systems that are
> well-supported by FreeBSD, and can support a hard drive (e.g., an
> IDE/ATAPI drive like you might find in a laptop), plus a couple of PC
> Cards?

The Ericsson eBox is close to what you want. I don't know how well it
runs FreeBSD; it ships with a bastardized RedHat 5.something, and I've
never tried installing FreeBSD on one, but it's a plain-jane 486DX
with on-board Ethernet and one or two PCCARD (possibly Cardbus) slots;
the only difficulty I can foresee is finding / writing a driver for
the on-board 24MB flash ROM, I have no idea what brand it is. Bulk
price is something like $400-$500 w/tax.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - des@ofug.org