Date:      Thu, 17 Feb 2000 18:42:00 -0600 (CST)
From:      Chris Dillon <cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us>
To:        Trevor Johnson <trevor@jpj.net>
Cc:        Woody Carey <wcarey@wcarey.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, andy@tigertown.k12.mo.us
Subject:   Re: HP "host based" printers (PPA) and FreeBSD ?

On Thu, 17 Feb 2000, Trevor Johnson wrote:

> > It is definately a "WinPrinter".  There might be some light at the end
> > of the tunnel, though.  I recall hearing about some poor soul
> > attempting to write drivers for Ghostscript for these "things".
>
> Yes, see http://www.httptech.com/ppa/ for that project.

Which, coincidentally, I just noticed is in the ports collection.

See ports/print/pbm2ppa.

Now if the ghostscript team would just integrate this into the next
verison of ghostscript, we'd be set.

-- Chris Dillon - cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us - cdillon@inter-linc.net
   FreeBSD: The fastest and most stable server OS on the planet.
   For Intel x86 and Alpha architectures. ( http://www.freebsd.org )