Date:      Tue, 30 Nov 1999 16:54:05 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        Ariel Burbaickij <Ariel.Burbaickij@mni.fh-giessen.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: escalating jdk1.1.8 to CRITICAL

On Tue, 30 Nov 1999 15:15:52 +0100, Ariel Burbaickij wrote:

>   As i understood kaffe is one of many implementations of JVM(java virtual
>   machine).Why parts of jdk hinge so strong on it I do not understand

Neither do I, since the jdk port doesn't depend on the kaffe port nor
vice versa.

> > It is installed not in /usr/local/bin but in I guess /usr/local/libexec
>   (I am not at my machine now.)In any case I am rather confident it was
>   not target directory of Makefile.

Are you sure javac is in /usr/local/libexec?  The packaging list for the
kaffe port shows that it's in /usr/local/bin.  Hmmm, hang on... you
_did_ install kaffe from the ports or from a package, right? :-)

As an aside, please start your own lines of text on new lines, not
following the "> " text that you use to denote quoted text.  It'll make
your follow-ups much easier to read and is discussed on Greg Lehey's
questions web page (http://www.lemis.com/questions.html).

Ciao,
Sheldon.