Date:      Thu, 3 Sep 2015 21:32:23 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Benjamin Kaduk <bjk@freebsd.org>
To:        TD RSS <tdrss@hotmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-doc@freebsd.org" <freebsd-doc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FSTYP(8) Man Page

On Thu, 3 Sep 2015, TD RSS wrote:

> Regarding FSTYP(8)	Man Page (http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=fstyp&sektion=8)
>
> The HISTORY section states:
> The fstyp command appeared	in FreeBSD 11.0.
>  As of this date (3 Sep 2015), I don't believe FreeBSD 11.0 has been
> released. Should this state FreeBSD 10.0?

fstyp(8) was not present in FreeBSD 10.0, though it does appear to be
present in 10.2, which is released.  It seems that trasz@ has adjusted the
manual page in HEAD some six weeks ago to reflect that fact, though for
some reason even at
https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=fstyp&apropos=0&sektion=8&manpath=FreeBSD+11-current&arch=default&format=html
(the FreeBSD 11-current suite of manual pages) the website does not seem
to reflect that.  The default release for manual pages on the web is the
newest current release, at present 10.2, which has the incorrect statement
in the manual page and cannot be changed.

Thanks for pointing this out, but the only thing there seems to be left to
do is investigate why the online manual pages for 11-current do not have
the updated version, since the commit itself has been merged back to
stable/10 .

-Ben Kaduk