Date:      Thu, 21 Sep 2006 07:58:36 -0500
From:      "M. L. Dodson" <mldodson@houston.rr.com>
To:        John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-firewire@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: devfs and hot unplugging firewire device

On Wednesday 20 September 2006 23:03, John-Mark Gurney wrote:
> Eric Anderson wrote this message on Wed, Sep 20, 2006 at 21:57 -0500:

> > >That worked.  Thanks again!
> >
> > It's too bad firewire doesn't act more like USB storage in this case -
> > you can yank and plug in the same or similar storage using the same
> > adapter many many times without issue - I've done this many times.

And that is the behaviour I expected.  I did not appreciate the
differences between a chain and a tree.  I'm a scientist, but not
a computer scientist.  I have been somewhat verbose in these
emails to document my experiences for the archives.  Thanks to you
all.

--
M. L. Dodson
Email:	mldodson-at-houston-dot-rr-dot-com