Date:      Mon, 10 Mar 2003 23:42:11 +0100
From:      Sanne Taaij <s.e.j.taaij@st.hanze.nl>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Reaching FTP on internal network behind NAT/router FreeBSD 4.7

I run FreeBSD 4.7

My goal is to connect from the internet to my FTP which is running on my
internal network at <internal ip>:6666. So I figured to use port redirection
on my FreeBSD NAT/router.Which consists of 2 nic, rl0 <public ip> and rl1
<internal ip>.

------------------
/etc/rc.conf
defaultrouter=<public ip adress>
firewall_type="open"
natd_flags="-s -u -m redirect_port tcp <internal ip>:6666 6666 redirect_port
udp <internal ip>:6666 6666"

Is this enough to let it work ?  I can't connect with an ftp client from one
of the internal ip adresses to my public adress. The firewall is configured
"open".

Should I add a rule like this:

/etc/rc.firewall
$fwcmd add pass tcp from any 6666 to any 6666
$fwcmd add pass udp from any 6666 to any 6666