Date:      Sun, 21 Apr 2002 14:47:05 -0500
From:      Will Andrews <will@csociety.org>
To:        Yoshihiko SARUMARU <mistral@imasy.or.jp>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org, will@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Entry for jogdial is missing in MAKEDEV

On Sun, Apr 21, 2002 at 10:25:53PM +0900, Yoshihiko SARUMARU wrote:
> Recently spic (Programmable I/O Controller) driver was MFC'ed,
> but I think /dev/MAKEDEV don't know information for /dev/jogdial
> yet. Could you MFC it before 4.6-RELEASE?

You are right.  I forgot that in -CURRENT make_dev() is used to
create the device node.

> I'm also waiting for spic(4) will be coming. I have to spent 5
> minutes to learn '-t jogdial' is required for moused :)

Yes, it is.

> MFC patch from -current src/etc/MAKEDEV:
[..snip patch..]

The only part I disagree with is putting it in the fixit floppy
section.  IMHO, fixit floppy does not require jogdial device.  To
save inodes, we should not create jogdial device.  So I will not
commit that part.  But I am committing the rest of it.

Thanks for your submission!

Regards,
--
wca