Date:      Sun, 5 May 2002 16:23:59 +0200
From:      "Jose M. Alcaide" <jose@we.lc.ehu.es>
To:        Andy Sparrow <spadger@best.com>
Cc:        Martin Karlsson <martin.karlsson@visit.se>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: ports/mail/mutt-devel Makefile

On Sat, May 04, 2002 at 04:15:16PM -0400, Andy Sparrow wrote:
> This used to work perfectly with the color customizations in
> ~/.Xdefaults and Xterm-color (an acceptable hack, IMHO), but this no
> longer works.
>
> Setting TERM=xterm-color (or some other wonky, non-standard value) to
> get this is not really acceptable (for me at least).

I am succesfully using this hack:

  In ~/.Xdefaults:
    *customization: -color
  And in app-defaults/XTerm-color:
    *termName: xterm-color

  (you can add "XTerm*termName: xterm-color" to ~/.Xdefaults instead)

Actually, I think that "*termName: xterm-color" should be always defined
in app-defaults/XTerm-color. Maybe the x11/XFree86-4-clients port should
apply a patch for doing that, given that FreeBSD has both "xterm" and
"xterm-color" entries in termcap(5).

Just my 0.02 Euro.
--
****** Jose M. Alcaide  //  jose@we.lc.ehu.es  //  jmas@FreeBSD.org ******
** "Beware of Programmers who carry screwdrivers" --  Leonard Brandwein **