Date:      Tue, 23 Sep 1997 09:24:33 +1000
From:      "Richard Lyon" <rlyon@ozemail.com.au>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Michael Smith and Fortran

 Hi,

Long term followers of this mailing list from Australia
 will remember the many contributions of Michael Smith.
Recently he has been rather quiet and I assumed it
may have been due to the pressures of study or some
thing like it.

Yesterday while perusing a copy of "Australian Personal
Computer", I noticed a column titled Developers Corner by
one Michael Smith, discussing the virtues of Fortran.
The only products mentioned were Digtal's Visual Fortran
and Microsoft.

Is this really the same person?

Given the excellent circulation of the magazine, maybe
we should ply him with questions about FBSD development.
I figure that for someone who wants to do slightly offbeat
things like using fortran, LINUX or FBSD is the way to
go.

Regards ...