Date:      Wed, 27 Sep 2006 19:29:46 +0200
From:      Karol Kwiatkowski <freebsd@orchid.homeunix.org>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        Dmitry Pryanishnikov <dmitry@atlantis.dp.ua>
Subject:   Re: mount -a doesn't obey "ro" in /etc/fstab

--------------enigF0E020CF46376980ABD28CE6

On 27/09/2006 19:15, Dmitry Pryanishnikov wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Sep 2006, Dmitry Pryanishnikov wrote:
>> will apply cleanly). I've noticed the something very new (and
>> annoying) after the upgrade: all filesystems listed in /etc/fstab with=

>> "ro" are still mounted as R/W. Here is my /etc/fstab:
>>
>> # Device                Mountpoint      FStype  Options       =20
>> Dump    Pass#
>> /dev/ad0s3b             none            swap    sw              0     =
  0
>> /dev/ad0s4a             /               ufs     rw,sync         0     =
  1
>> /dev/ad0s4e             /usr            ufs     rw              0     =
  2
>> /dev/ad0s3a             /mnt3           ufs     ro              0     =
  0
>> /dev/ad0s3d             /mnt3/usr       ufs     ro              0     =
  0
>> Is this breakage well-known, or something new?
>=20
>   I can confirm that this bug isn't brand new: CURRENT as of 20-Aug on =
my
> notebook already has it. So it's kinda "mature" (;

For what it's worth, it works on 6.1-R:

$ uname -sr
FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE

$ cat /etc/fstab
# Device                Mountpoint      FStype  Options     Dump    Pass#=

/dev/ad0s1b             none            swap    sw             0       0
/dev/ad0s1a             /               ufs     ro             1       1
[...]

$ mount
/dev/ad0s1a on / (ufs, local, read-only)
devfs on /dev (devfs, local)
[...]

Karol

--=20
Karol Kwiatkowski  <freebsd at orchid dot homeunix dot org>