Date:      Mon, 6 Jun 2005 05:15:38 -0500
From:      "Matthew D. Fuller" <fullermd@over-yonder.net>
To:        Anthony Plunkett <doobeh@thefort.org>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Handbook: Soundcard Setup Addition (7.2.1)

[ over to -multimedia, since this isn't a -doc issue ]

On Sun, Jun 05, 2005 at 10:27:13AM +0100 I heard the voice of
Anthony Plunkett, and lo! it spake thus:

> "If you wish to find out the driver selected for your soundcard after
> running the snd_driver metadriver you may check the /dev/sndstat file:
>
> [...]
>
> I don't think an example of the output is needed, it seemed
> straight-forward to me to know what I was looking for, especially since
> the handbook talks about the /boot/defaults/loader.conf file.

Well, not to beat on this dead horse again, but...

(ttyp3):{216}% cat /dev/sndstat
FreeBSD Audio Driver (newpcm)
Installed devices:
pcm0: <CS423x> at io 0x534 irq 5 drq 1:0 bufsz 4096 (1p/1r/0v channels
duplex default)

What am I looking for?

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd@over-yonder.net