Date:      Wed, 3 Sep 1997 21:27:52 -0400
From:      Matthew Hunt <hunt@mph124.rh.psu.edu>
To:        Brian Somers <brian@awfulhak.org>
Cc:        Bill Ott <bott@grapids.lib.mi.us>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Password Aging

On Thu, Sep 04, 1997 at 01:36:00AM +0100, Brian Somers wrote:

> > Is there a nice clean (read easy) way to automate the expiration of user
> > passwords every 'x' days?  I could right a script, but why re-invent the
> > wheel...
>
> Run ``chpass'' as root.

As far as I can tell, you can set an expiry date, such as January 1, 1998,
but you can't say that the user's password expires every 90 days.
I think the latter is what the original poster wanted.

If chpass has this functionality, I haven't managed to find it.

--
Matthew Hunt <mph@pobox.com> * Think locally, act globally.
finger hunt@mph124.rh.psu.edu for PGP public key.