Date:      Thu, 17 Feb 2000 13:07:12 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Ian R. Justman" <ianj@calweb.com>
To:        Mitch Vincent <mitch@venux.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Qpopper and hashed directories

On Thu, 17 Feb 2000, Mitch Vincent wrote:

> When I used qopper I found it to be extremely slow and unreliable. Has it
> improved much?
>
> And wouldn't the hashing be done by your MTA, since it's responsible for the
> actual delivery of the mail into a certain directory. OF course you would
> have to have your POP3 server look there, but that's about it, right?
>
> I guess I don't know what's involved, though I'm interested. Please
> elaborate.

True, he MTA would deliver, though the MDA would be what really deal with
those directories (in this case, Procmail).

I am curious whether anyone had already implemented directory hashing for
reading and handling such directories in Qpopper (which we rather need to
stay with presently, though my workplace is considering going to CUCIPOP).

--Ian.