Date:      Thu, 21 Feb 2002 17:56:07 -0500
From:      Jerry A! <jerry@thehutt.org>
To:        C J Michaels <cjm2@earthling.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: buildworld error during 'stage 1: bootstrap tools' (yyfix)

On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 05:08:46PM -0500, C J Michaels wrote:

[snip]

: Freakish... I've had that option in /etc/make.conf as long as I've had an
: /etc/make.conf, what changed?  Actually, I never quite understood what "?="
: meant.

I'm guessing that the build changes that went in the other day are what
caused this "breakage".  Been too busy to checkout a pre-20020219
version of Makefile.inc1 to verify.

At least using the ?= operator fixes this issue (unlike if you set
WRKDIRPREFIX where you can only use a separate filesystem if it's
mounted off or / -- but that's a discussion for -ports).

Anyway, I'm glad the suggestion worked for you.

        --Jerry

Open-Source software isn't a matter of life or death...
...It's much more important than that!