Date:      Tue, 29 Jun 1999 16:22:57 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Seth <seth@freebie.dp.ny.frb.org>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        Jonathan Walther <krooger@debian.org>, jesus.monroy@usa.net, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [Linux vs. NT, take 2.]

On Tue, 29 Jun 1999, Terry Lambert wrote:

> Talk to Mike Smith.  FreeBSD's numbers are worse than Linux's.

Is there any validity to the discussion on -hackers that real-world
application performance doesn't corroborate the poor benchmark results
(as far as FreeBSD is concerned)?  I'm less concerned that benchmarks
aren't good than I am that my application performance suffers relative to
other platforms.

SB