Date:      Wed, 02 May 2001 11:50:56 +0200
From:      Robert Hellwig <Robert.Hellwig@Sun.COM>
To:        past@netmode.ntua.gr
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: jdk12beta port problem

Panagiotis Astithas wrote:

> On Wed, May 02, 2001 at 11:25:09AM +0200, Robert Hellwig wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > while trying to compile the jdk12beta port I encountered this strange
> > error....
> > When the process is somewhere half through it complains about that Xcopy
> > is not in my path and I should install it in c:\winnt... Needless to say
> > that I'[m using FreeBSD 4.3 STABLE.. Guess the make process somehow
> > confuses my machine with an NT box... Can anyone please offer some
> > help??
>
> Perhaps you downloaded the wrong tarball from Sun's site? You need
> the Solaris version of the sources.
>
> -past

Well I downloaded the J2SDK 1.2 Source. The other thing I can download
on the smame page is the Java (tm), SDK, Standard Edition for Linux. I
thought that was the jdk1.2.2 Linux binaries but appears to be the
source for the Linux JDK...that's the only option left..well I give it a
try ;-)

Thanks

--Robert