Date:      Wed, 4 Sep 1996 20:55:37 -0500
From:      rkw@dataplex.net (Richard Wackerbarth)
To:        Dave Babler <dbabler@Rigel.orionsys.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem with 2.1.5 make world

Dave,
I think we are the first to really test the lndir of the CD.

See the patch that I posted earlier. I found the same thing.

Basically add the "-L" option to the "find" command in the Makefile for
share/examples.

BTW, it's 2.1.5-STABLE, not -CURRENT. -CURRENT refers to 2.2 or beyond.
If you are not subscribed to "stable@freebsd.org" I suggest that you do so.

Hopefully someone will have committed it before tomorrows update.

- - - - -
Dave wrote:
>After grinding away all day doing a make world, my new 2.1.5-CURRENT
>errored out saying:
>
>===> share/examples
>"Makefile", line 1: warning: Couldn't read shell's output
>(repeated 9 more times)
>make: don't know how to make copies. Stop
>*** Error code 2
>
>Stop.
>*** Error code 1
>
>Stop.
>*** Error code 1
>
>Stop.
>

>It'd been generating a LOT of warnings throughout the process of making
>the doc entries too. What might the problem be? Could this be a problem
>generated by much of the source tree being linked to the live filesystem
>CD, or is something else munged?

It's the ln's to the CD.