Date:      Thu, 6 Feb 2014 16:11:46 -0800
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
To:        Eitan Adler <lists@eitanadler.com>
Cc:        desktop@freebsd.org, "freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org" <mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Story of a laptop user
References:  <CAF6rxgneG6vB2B0EVJFc1rUCPhGy1-NwW4RnF4LKnQk5TJCTTg@mail.gmail.com> <CAJ-Vmo=aXKAHcHu2xgrVGLoONprJn6QtLnXDqvCCF1M4gMkNoQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAF6rxgmCa0xW9_rMiPO1RNoC6Jni4=MUxOTzO68XxG8SX_d15g@mail.gmail.com> <CAJ-VmonUM1ycfXRPTNJaBrpQizkFgnzFDD%2BkCHk=gJWqMVow=A@mail.gmail.com> <CAF6rxgkds3d=MZ6fuaf0zzdNoQdiqQDubQjaU4=ozguAGy=_9A@mail.gmail.com> <alpine.BSF.2.00.1402051242060.49157@wonkity.com> <CAF6rxgmzSdjZKeNvzU2Tp--hjosEEEBP6CmYRAOS=gArfbOUuQ@mail.gmail.com>

Well, the trick is to tie it in with whatever other fondling the intel
xorg stuff is doing, so things don't clash.

How's linux do this? Is there an intel backlight control kernel module for this?

-a