Date:      Thu, 17 Feb 2000 20:21:09 -0500
From:      Walter Brameld <brameld@twave.net>
To:        "Eric J. Schwertfeger" <ejs@bfd.com>, wellsian <wellsian@caffeine.com>
Cc:        courtney@whtz.com, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: RC

On Thu, 17 Feb 2000, in a never-ending search for enlightenment, Eric J. Schwertfeger wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Feb 2000, wellsian wrote:
>
> > Add this:
> >
> >   sendmail_enable="NO"
> >
> > to your /etc/rc.conf. Works, yes?
>
> Actually, first he'll need to do
>
> mount /
>
> to remount the root filesystem read/write first.
>
> That command works, though I'm sure there are command parameters that are
> supposed to be added to formally remount a mounted partition.

Yeah, the whole rigamarole goes like this after single-user boot:

fsck -p
mount -u /
mount -a -t ufs
swapon -a

Gets everything up and running read/write, may be more than you need.

--
Walter

in·tel·lec·tu·al
n. Someone who has been educated past his/her level of intelligence.
Join the Army, meet interesting people, kill them.