Date:      Sun, 2 Jun 2002 03:15:19 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Shadow-Cat <Shadow-Cat@sympatico.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-bugbusters@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PR ...?  No, NO, bad idea, that, ...!

On 2002-06-01 15:04 -0400, Shadow-Cat wrote:
> - June 01st. 2002 -
>
> Maybe you ought to choose a better name than PR which is more often
> a reference to Public Relationships.  on a corporate level.  PR is
> lible to cause much confussion.?

I think that the acronym PR is derived from its use as you see it in
the documentation of the tools we use.  I'm sure many have thought of
using some other term to refer to problem reports, in order to avoid
the possibility of confusion with the 'public relations' acronym and
the way that it is used in the corporate world.

It is not a good idea though to use some new, different term, to refer
to problem reports in the context of the bug database.  Then even more
confusion would be the result of the FreeBSD developers, the bug
submitters, and the people who contribute their constructive comments
on the problem reports, using two different terms to refer to the very
same thing.

- Giorgos