Date:      Fri, 2 Nov 2001 17:49:09 -0000
From:      "Philip Pereira" <info@wintellect.co.uk>
To:        "Peter MacGee" <peter@ideal.net.au>
Cc:        <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Hello fellow FreeBSD-ers

Hi Pete,

I am self taught when it comes to computers. I did an A-level in Computing
at 18, and am currently doing a degree with the Open University in
"Information Technology & Computing".

I am currently working for a big department store (here in England). I work
in the head-office dept arranging new store equipment and the till software,
hardware (like network cables, wavepoints, LANcards, etc.)  The
In-Store-Processors we use are Unix based, although the tills work on WinNT
(no hate mail please :)  )

Having seen the power of Unix, I made a move from Microsoft - first to Linux
(currently RedHat 7.1) and recently to FreeBSD 4.4.

I like the power Unix has to offer (sinister laughter emanating) and want to
take control of it. I've managed to get it talking to my WinME / RedHat7.1
box. Am a computer freak by nature! (Don't know how my wife puts up with it)

Am working on a website at http://www.wintellect.co.uk - I want to make it
Linux/Unix based, any ideas / suggestions welcome! (Ignore what's currently
there, it was a bad attempt at something that went HORRIBLY wrong).

How about you?

Kind regards

Phil