Date:      Sun, 06 Feb 2000 01:25:28 +0900
From:      suzukis@file.phys.tohoku.ac.jp
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   How to develop a port/package without root previlege?

Hello,

If following is off-topic subject for this mailinglist,
please ignore and let me suitable mailinglist.

There's any tools to develop a port/package without root previlege?

If there's any wrong destination in Makefile (by careless mistake),
making installation with root previlege can gives unrecovervable
damage to the credencial (which files came from which ports/package,
which files conflicts with which ports/package, etc etc).

It seems that "pkg_create" creates a binary package after real
installation. But, after the real installation by root previlege,
it's difficult to know the installation caused any damages onto
the credencial. There's any trick?

Please don't say "before installation, read Makefile carefully".
I want to keep from the careless mistakes, without being carefully.

suzuki