Date:      Thu, 5 Dec 2002 14:26:55 -0800 (PST)
From:      Mike Hoskins <mike@adept.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   cvsup (was Re: Problems with make buildkernel)

On Thu, 5 Dec 2002, Seth Jackson wrote:
> 	Let see your cvsupfile, I had this same problem not to long ago
> and I was missing cryto stuff!

This raises an interesting point...  I installed cvsup as a port long
ago...  (Since upgraded with portupgrade several times.)  When I
first installed the port, I noticed that /usr/share/examples/cvsup got
created, along with a number of example supfiles.  Why is this an issue?
Are the example supfiles just typically overlooked?  If oversight is to
blame, I would have to once again urge newcomers to read the handbook.

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cvsup.html

Very well written (and if you don't agree, you can submit patches, how
cool is that?), with examples...  What more could you ask for?  Granted,
if you don't read it _before_ you attempt to use cvsup (or at least while
you're attempting to use cvsup), it's not much use.