Date:      Fri, 19 Aug 2016 05:16:10 +0000
From:      Manish Jain <bourne.identity@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   How to disable gnome3 hotspot

Hi,

I am using gnome3 desktop environment on my FreeBSD 10.3 desktop system. I
am fairly certain that there would be others who have been greatly
disconcerted by the topleft Hot Corner. It drives me nuts whenever my
mouse accidentally touches the topleft corner.

That gnome developers spent their time and resoucrces developing hotspot=20
is regrettable. That hotpsot is enabled by default is doubly regrettable. T=
hat
Gnome3 has no inherent setting for disabling hotspot - neither in the UI
nor in the tweak tool, makes it triply regrettable. Level 4 regrets=20
happen too becuase there is an extension available at extensions.gnome.org
for disabling hotpot. That extension used to work with my earlier FreeBSD/g=
nome
environment, but now does not. Yesterday, I visited the extension's home pa=
ge
several times in firefox (which has the Gnome Extensions plugin installed a=
nd
activation mode set to 'Always'). Installing the No TopLeft HotCorner=20
extension via firefox apparently succeeds - there is no error message.=20
But, in truth, nothing happens - hotspot continues to make a mess of the de=
sktop.

I have tried disabling the extension via chrome too, but visiting the=20
extension's website in chrome reports a problem with the native connector.
I installed the Gnome Shell Integration Plugin for Chrome as per the
documentation at the wiki URL, but when I visit the extension URL, I get=20
the message : Although GNOME Shell integration extension is running, native
host connector is not detected.

Is there any way I can disable the topleft hot corner ?

In the long run, perhaps FreeBSD could create a separate port somewhere=20
under x11* or desktutils which would natively disable hotspot.

Thanks for any help
Manish Jain