Date:      Mon, 15 Jan 2007 20:52:04 +0100
From:      Daniel Tourde <daniel.tourde@spray.se>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 6.2, rebuild. NO-MMX, NO-SSE?

Hello,

Yesterday I rebuit FreeBSD 6.2 using CPUTYPE=pentium4 and the classic
procedure described in the manual.
The machine (Inspiron 9400) is fast but I saw at certain moments something
like "NO-MMX, NO-SSE" (some flags or variables) during the compilation
process. I thought then "How come? What a pity not to use these
instructions".

Can someone tell me what it was and if it is really supposed to be like this?
My roots are in Gentoo Linux where it is possible to get the maximum out of a
processor when building a system from scratch by using properly certain C and
C++ flags.

I am pretty sure the same is possible with FreeBSD, however these
aforementionned flags raised some questions in my mind... ;)

Daniel