Date:      Sun, 2 Apr 2006 03:59:51 -0400
From:      Parv <parv@pair.com>
To:        ganael.laplanche@martymac.com
Cc:        f-q <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Error compiling kdebase-3.5.2

Wrote ganael.laplanche ...

> I'm running FreeBSD 6.1-PRERELEASE #0 on an AMD64 machine. I'm
> trying to update kde to 3.5.2 and getting this error:
> konq_run.cc: In member function `virtual void KonqRun::foundMimeType(const QString&)':
> konq_run.cc:84: error: `serverSuggestsSave' undeclared (first use this function)
> konq_run.cc:84: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for
> each function it appears in.)
> gmake[3]: *** [konq_run.lo] Error 1
>
> Does someone get the same error ? Any idea ?

Yes, same here.

Following gives the impression that serverSuggestsSave() function is
totally missing from the source of kdebase3 ...

  cd $PORTSDIR/x11/kdebase3
  make -V WRKSRC \
  | xargs -I % find % -type f \
  | xargs fgrep serverSuggestsSave
  $WRKSRC/konqueror/konq_run.cc:  if ( serverSuggestsSave() )
  $WRKSRC/konqueror/konq_run.cc:    if (!m_bFinished && !tryEmbed) // Open selected for a serverSuggestsSave() file
  $WRKSRC/konqueror/konq_mainwindow.cc:                  attachment = (run->serverSuggestsSave()) ? KParts::BrowserRun::AttachmentDisposition : KParts::BrowserRun::InlineDisposition;

... unless that function is supposed to be defined (& available)
outside of kdebase source.

  - Parv