Date:      Mon, 6 Oct 1997 08:30:30 -0500 (EST)
From:      "C. Stephen Gunn" <csg@wintek.com>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Attention all users of the de driver!

> If you have a de0 device in your machine and you're running -current,
> NOW is the time to let us know if there are any problems with it!

We have been using the patched version from 3am-software.com on a couple
of our FreeBSD Machines here. When I tried to start atalkd (part of the
netatalk package) the machine lost its mind on the ethernet after 2-3
minutes.

Doing a "ifconfig down de0" on the interface seemed to work. I'm not
positive this is a de driver problem.

We are using the patched version to get the NetGear 10/100 cards to work.

It could be something with the default "atalk.conf" that the package
installs, since it runs fine on a machine with a SMC card 10/100 de0 card.

I will try to track the problem down further, I just haven't had time.
Just wanted to make sure to speak up with the 2.2.5-BETA and all in
progress.

Both machines are running 2.2-STABLE that was cvsup'd and "buildworld"'d
in the last week or so. Neither are production servers, so they are available
for testing if necessary.

 - Steve

--
C. Stephen Gunn                 Wintek Corporation
E-mail: csg@wintek.com          427 N 6th Street