Date:      Mon, 9 Feb 1998 20:15:32 -0500 (EST)
From:      David Kott <dakott@alpha.delta.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        hometown@techpower.net
Subject:   Re: mouse

On Sat, 31 Jan 1998, Jt wrote:

> anyone have trouble with cut and paste I cvsup and made world now
> mouse works fine just no cut and paste...
> is this something new in 2.2.5 stable ?

Yup.  For some reason, my console mouse has stopped "pasting".  It seems
to be able to "copy" just fine;  I can move and select text using the same
arrow cursor I have always had.  I am just not able to paste any text
that I select.  XFree86's "copy and paste" functionality has not changed.

I have not changed either my hardware or my configuration settings.  I
suspect this problem started about 2 builds back.  I would estimate about
3-4 weeks.  That's a rough guess, however.

I am currently running:

FreeBSD FreeBSD 2.2.5-STABLE #0: Sun Feb  1 13:48:23 EST 1998

I invoke moused at boot with the following arguments

/usr/sbin/moused -t microsoft -p /dev/mouse

I then invoke vidcontrol with these arguments in a shell .rc

/usr/sbin/vidcontrol -m on

Though, this seems rather academic, as the mouse cursor actually "appears"
and is able to select text, it just doesn't echo anything back when I
click the second button. *shrug*
							-d