Date:      Tue, 10 Sep 2002 00:36:10 -0400
From:      Harlan Stenn <Harlan.Stenn@pfcs.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   make variable expansion question

automake supports:

 bin_PROGRAMS = a b
 a_SOURCES = a.c
 b_SOURCES = b.c

and I thought I'd spend some time trying to get similar functionality into
the .mk rules.

My first step is to generate the variable names a_SOURCES and b_SOURCES from
bin_PROGRAMS.  Easy.

The next step is to get the value of a_SOURCES, given that "a_SOURCES" is
the value of a variable.

I've tried a bunch of things to try and make this happen, none of which are
working.  (Like $${$${x}}, `eval echo stuff`, etc.)

Can somebody please point me in the right direction?