Date:      Fri, 26 May 2000 22:16:07 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <aa8vb@nc.rr.com>
To:        wc.bulte@chello.nl
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3DNow! binutils & Mesa for -STABLE

Wilko Bulte:

 |Do thinks like fxtv use 3dnow to their advantage (I guess not)? But I assume
 |the various mpeg* things might?

No fxtv doesn't, and I think you're right.  As I recall MMX adds SIMD
integer ops which is where the boost would be for things like pixel
repacking.  3DNow's primary add was parallel floating/fixed point I believe.

Rather than reinvent the wheel, I'll likely stack fxtv on the hermes port
one of these days if there isn't a big turn-out for an alternative video
API.

--
Randall Hopper
aa8vb@nc.rr.com