Date:      Mon, 1 Nov 1999 00:05:00 -0800 (PST)
From:      Josef Grosch <jgrosch@mooseriver.com>
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   BAFUG Announcements

This is the monthly BAFUG posting. It contains 3 sections; Jobs, Counter,
and Retail notice. This is posted on the first of the month. If there are
any questions please send them to jgrosch@MooseRiver.com

Thanks

*** JOBS NOTICE ***

                    San Francisco Bay Area FreeBSD Jobs

BAFUG (Bay Area FreeBSD Users Group) has put up a web page of employers in
the San Francisco Bay Area who are looking for employees, permanent or
contact, who have FreeBSD skills. The URL is :

        http://www.bafug.org/BayAreaJobs.html

Employers:
    The emphasis here is FreeBSD. The job you are advertising should have
    FreeBSD as a major component of the job. If you wish to advertise a job
    please send the URL to your web page with the job listings to
    jgrosch@MooseRiver.com.

Employees:
    When contacting these employers please tell them that you saw this job
    listing on the Bay Area FreeBSD Jobs page.

*** COUNTER NOTICE ***

                          FreeBSD Counter Project

The FreeBSD Counter project and BAFUG (Bay Area FreeBSD Users Group) have
put up the first public beta of its counter page. The Counter project is
an attempt to gauge the installed base of FreeBSD. We current do not have a
very good idea as to what is our installed base, how FreeBSD is being used
and by whom. Because of this, FreeBSD is at a disadvantage when talking to
ISVs and hardware and software vendors.

You are invited to register with the counter project. The counter page can
be found at :

    http://www.bafug.org/FbsdCounter.html

Couple of caveats:

    * Your information is held to be confidential. Only those on the
      project, FreeBSD core group, and Walnut Creek CDROM will ever see
      this information. It will _NOT_ be handed over to spammers, direct
      marketers, and any of the other assorted bozos.

    * Suggestions and comments are welcome!

    * The database behind this page was built from the email registrations
      sent to Walnut Creek. If you registered at the time of an install
      chances are you are in this database.

*** RETAIL NOTICE ***

                         Retail outlets for FreeBSD

A common question for new users of FreeBSD is, "Where can I get a copy of
FreeBSD"? Aside from Walnut Creek CDROM (http://www.cdrom.com) there are a
number of retail outlets world wide. A partial list can be found at

    http://www.bafug.org/Retail.html

Notice this is a partial list. We are collecting addresses (snail, email,
and web) of retail outlets for FreeBSD. So, send us the address of you
friendly (or not-so-friendly) store that carries FreeBSD.

--
$Id: BafugAnnounce.txt,v 1.3 1999/11/01 07:03:18 jgrosch Exp $