Date:      Mon, 29 Dec 2003 16:24:32 -0500
From:      Eric van Gyzen <vangyzen@stat.duke.edu>
To:        Mark Woodson <mwoodson@sricrm.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DVD Burning -- Doh!

Mark Woodson wrote:
> On Tuesday 23 December 2003 03:10 pm, Eric van Gyzen wrote:
> > I have:
> >
> >  - FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE
> >  - HP DVD Writer 300i (ATAPI, using ATAPICAM)
> >  - Imation DVD-R media
> >
> > I'm trying:
> >
> >   # growisofs -speed=1 -Z /dev/cd0=/tmp/foo.iso
> >
> >   :-[ Unit won't start: 40901 ]
> >   :-( /dev/cd0: unsupported MMC profile 10
>
> I'd suggest googling "unsupported MMC profile 10" and read through the
> threads that brings up.  It appears to have something to do with
> incompatible media/firmware combos.

Boy, do I feel dumb.  Upon closer inspection of TFM (of RTFM fame), I realized
that this drive only supports DVD+R/RW media.  I popped in an Imation DVD+R
media and -- Holy Smoke! -- it burned on the first try.

*sigh*

--
Eric van Gyzen                        Sr. Systems Programmer
http://www.stat.duke.edu/~vangyzen/   ISDS, Duke University