Date:      Sun, 10 Apr 2016 19:48:53 -0400
From:      David Mehler <dave.mehler@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Problems making devel/pear

Hello,

 I updated FreeBSD 10.2-RELEASE (amd64) to FreeBSD 10.3-RELEASE (amd64).
I'm running the latest ports tree.
I'm trying to install devel/pear. I run make and it gets to the generating
 temporary packing list portion of the build then bombs out with an
 error 254. I am not certain why and am getting no additional
 information.

 My goal is to install pear along with pear-MDB2 and
 pear-MDB2_Driver_mysql and mysqli drivers.

 If I install pear as a package that part works, no problems. I go to
 database/pear-MDB2 try a make it gets to generating temporary packing
 list with pear portion then it bombs out with an error 254. This one
 if I try to install it as a package I get the error post-installation
 script failed.

I'd appreciate any help with this.

Thanks.
Dave.