Date:      20 Oct 2002 20:28:35 -0400
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Trevor Johnson <trevor@jpj.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: daydream:  Beonex-based Gecko port

--=-1fy7wg0oEKgT3tJ3tRuR

On Sun, 2002-10-20 at 19:44, Trevor Johnson wrote:
> Greetings,
>=20
> Are any of the FreeBSD GNOME porters working on such a thing?  Ben Bucksc=
> (Beonex lead programmer) proposed it in
> <URL:http://lists.beonex.com/archive/dev-general/2002/000003.html>. I'm
> interested in trying it, if there is no objection.

This might be a cool idea.  I'm not working on such a thing per se as
I'm trying to simply get Mozilla sorted out. =20

In a way, some of this kind of thing is already done within the Mozilla
ports themselves.  For example, one can install www/mozilla to use as a
standalone browser, then install www/mozilla-embedded to use as the
Gecko engine behind Galeon.  In much the same way, Gecko-dependent ports
(e.g. Galeon) can be modified such that:

make WITH_MOZILLA=3Dbeonex

Will tell Galeon to look at the Beonex source tree for Gecko.  I have to
add some of these hooks anyway for the upcoming Mozilla commits.

Joe

> --=20
> Trevor Johnson
>=20
>=20
> with "unsubscribe freebsd-gnome" in the body of the message
>=20
--=20

--=-1fy7wg0oEKgT3tJ3tRuR

--=-1fy7wg0oEKgT3tJ3tRuR--