Date:      Sun, 09 Mar 2008 21:01:44 +0100
From:      ino-news@spotteswoode.dnsalias.org (clemens fischer)
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bugs On 64-Bit Version 6.3

On Sun, 9 Mar 2008 14:41:30 +0000 Frank Mitchell wrote:

> MEMORY LOCKING:
>
> Recompiling my root-privileged program, I get a System Call failure
> for:
>
> mlockall(MCL_CURRENT);
>
> errno says: "Resource temporarily unavailable"

how much memory is installed?

> But mlock(); works.

... and how many bytes/pages do you lock in this operation?

note that currently the 64-bit ELF ld wastes space by allocating larger
memory blocks than its 32-bit counterpart.  this has been discussed
before, but i don't remember any solution to the problem.

regards, clemens