Date:      Tue, 2 Jan 2007 16:28:55 -0500
From:      Paul Chvostek <paul+fbsd@it.ca>
To:        "Rick C. Petty" <rick-freebsd@kiwi-computer.com>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PVR-150's infrared port...

On Tue, Jan 02, 2007 at 02:01:46PM -0600, Rick C. Petty wrote:

> I wouldn't recommend either.  A recent KnoppMyth would crash very reliably
> on my amd64 box (with PCI-express card) within a few seconds of X starting.
> I was able to boot into VESA 800x600 mode (instead of the nvidia driver)
> and my pvr500 worked precisely 50% of the time, provided the system didn't
> hang (which it did regularly).  FreeBSD/i386 and multimedia/pvrxxx work
> perfectly on the same box.

Thanks, that's very good to know.  I've been running Myth under various
linuces for a while; after failure to get anything working in FreeBSD in
early 2006, I settled on Knopp R5C7 last spring, with good success on a
Dell Precision-something workstation (2GHz P4) and a generic NV17.  The
only problems I had were MythTV-specific and easily solved.

I'll try the FreeBSD option as soon as I pick up an additional disk.  :)

--
  Paul Chvostek                                             <paul@it.ca>